Fédération Internationale de Football Association, also known as FIFA (International Federation of Association Football) was founded on May 21, 1904, in Paris, France. It is an international, non-profit and the highest governing organisation of association football. Their headquarters are located in Zurich and the association works under the law of Switzerland.
FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Volunteer Registration
Around 20,000 volunteers are invited from across the world to the FIFA World cup 2022. The programme goes on for the whole duration of the world cup. The experience gained by the volunteers in this programme is exquisite and will be beneficial for a long duration. It includes the activities like workforce management, supporting projects and events in spectator services, catering, marketing, transportation, etc., and it is all under FIFA.
There are no monetary benefits for volunteering. But this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience to be a part of the World’s largest sports event. The volunteers will get the following benefits:
- Free of cost transportation within Qatar during the event period. The details of pick-up and drop-off will be provided a few days before the event.
- A certificate of recognition along with a gift.
- An Adidas uniform specifically designed for the tournament.
- One meal for each shift at the official venues. One shift is eight-hour-long.
- There will be one non-working day after every seven days.
The volunteers residing in Qatar will get training through the local partners of FIFA. Whereas, volunteers coming from outside Qatar will get their training before they reach in the country.
Who can apply?
Interested candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria to qualify for the FIFA World Cup volunteer programme:
- The candidate must have a minimum age of 16 years.
- You don’t need to be a resident of Qatar to apply. Candidates from all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Candidates from any education or profession are eligible to apply.
- Female applicants are welcome.
- Candidates must possess the following qualities:
- Communication skill
- Leadership skill
- Teamwork skill
- Engagement skills
How can I apply?
Interested candidates have to register in advance for volunteering in Qatar for the FIFA World Cup 2022. Click here to go to the registration page and apply there.
Note: If you have sent an application, it does not confirm the selection. Selection is done on the basis of various tests like skill tests, language tests and interviews. So, the shortlisted candidates will have to pass some assessments tests to be considered for the final program.
If you are selected, you will be provided with an email or a letter which you can use to get relaxation from your workplace. The decision wholly depends on your employer’s wishes. And it’s your responsibility to make yourself available for the training and the events.
The applications are currently open.
The programme will start on November 21, 2022, till December 18, 2022.
If the candidate wishes to change or update any information in the application, they can send it via email at
Also, you can check their FAQs for more information.