West African countries like Ghana and Nigeria have a Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE). The BECE results state whether a student is qualified for taking admission in a secondary and vocational school or not. In Ghana, this examination is conducted every year in June. Each year, the Ghana Examination Services (GES) verify and approve the students for attending the BECE. According to their policy, the students in the 3rd year of their junior high school are eligible to appear in BECE.
How To Check BECE Results?
The result-checking process of BECE is long. You will need a lot of information to access the result. Generally, the BECE results are out after 45 days of examination. So, you can know the date by visiting their official site. You can follow the following steps to check the BECE results:
- Open and refresh your browser. You can directly search “BECE result Ghana.” The official site will appear on the top. Otherwise, you can click this link to now visit the official site: https://www.resultscouncil.com/gh/waec/waec-ghana/
- In the main navigation menu bar on the top, you need to select the option “Results.” From the drop-down options, select “Result Checker.”
- A new page will appear on the screen, having a result-checking form. You need to fill up the state with the necessary information about the exam. You can’t access the result if you have incomplete or incorrect information.
- Start by filling in the index number in the examination information. Enter your index number correctly and hit the “Next” button.
- Next, select the exam type you have attained. Enter your examination year and hit the “Next” button.
- Next, it will ask you to put your date of birth.
- In the next section, you need to put your security information. Firstly, please enter the number present on your voucher; it is the voucher’s serial number. Secondly, in the security section, enter your 12-digit personal identification number. Click on “Next” once you are done.
- You need to re-enter your details to confirm the examination details in the final step. You have to put again the “Index Number” and the “Examination Year” in this section to confirm the details.
- Check your information again and then click the “Submit” button. Your data will be processed, and after a few minutes, the following pop-up screen will display your results. If it is taking time, don’t panic. Due to the heavy traffic and activity on the site, it takes a little longer.
If you’re unable to check the BECE results, here are a few reasons behind it:
- The website server may be down due to heavy traffic or users checking the result.
- You have a weak internet connection on your device.
- There is some technical glitch, or the processing speed is very slow.
How To Request For BECE Certificate?
If you are among the candidates who have applied and qualified for the examination, you will be awarded a certificate. To get the certificate, you need to follow the following steps:
- Access the official website of WAEC Ghana by clicking on the link: https://www.waecgh.org/
- It will navigate you to the official page. You can notice the menu bar on the top. Click on the “Certificate” section.
- On clicking the “Certificate” section, a drop-down option will open. Click on “Certificate Request” to proceed further.
- A new page will open. It is the application where private students can apply for their certificate.
- You can spot two options in yellow boxes at the bottom of the current page. Click on the “New Certificate Request Form” to proceed further.
- In the first section, it will ask you to put the information for the online certification request form.
- Enter your surname in the first section. Proceed further with your other name and email ID. After that, you need to add your phone number and your full contact address. Once you are done with this section, click on “Next” and move to the second section.
- In the second section, you need to enter other examination details.
- Begin the section by entering your index number. In the next step, enter the examination you have attained.
- Select the correct examination year from the list of years and select your desired collection center from the drop-down list.
- Once you are done entering the information, click on the “Submit” & and then the “Proceed To Payment” option.
- In the final step, you need to make the online portal to confirm the online certificate request.
How To Check The Certificate Request Status?
In case you have applied for the online certification and wish to know the current status of your certificate request, follow the following steps:
- To directly access the application portal of certificate requests, click on the provided link: https://certificaterequest.waecgh.org/index.aspx
- This link will navigate you to the official webpage, where you can spot two yellow boxes at the bottom. Click on the “Check Certificate Request Status” option to proceed further.
- The new page will ask you to fill in some information about your certificate request.
- Fill in the correct invoice number, and put the index number. In the next step, select the examination you have attained, and in the final stage, select the examination year.
- Once you have filled the form correctly, click on the “Check Status” button to view the status of your request.