About South African National Parks (SANParks)
South African National Parks is a body that was founded in 1926 and is responsible for conserving the national parks of South Africa. There are currently 19 parks under SANParks supervision. Their headquarters are located in Muckleneuk, Pretoria. Kruger National Park is known to be their oldest and best park.
The National Environmental Management: Protected Areas Act, Act 57 of 2003, gives it authority.
SANParks Internship programme
SANParks is inviting graduates who hold a Bachelor’s degree or a National Diploma from a Public Higher Education Institution (HEI) located in South Africa. The internship is 1 year long but SANParks is unobligated to employ after the completion.
There is also a monthly stipend of R 5000 which will be provided. The aim of the programme is to get assistance for maintenance responsibilities and to convey the experience to the youth. This monthly payments can be very helpful to any student.
Who can apply?
All the points of the mentioned eligibility criteria must be fulfilled before applying for the programme. There should not be any exceptions.
- The candidate must be a graduate but unemployed. He should have aged between 18 and 35 years old.
- The candidate must have South African citizenship.
- The candidate must not have participated in or worked for an internship before.
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines.
|Field of study||division/department|
|Law degree||Office of the CEO|
|Diploma/B Degree in Supply Chain Management/Procurement Management||Supply Chain Management|
|Diploma/B Degree in Administration||Risk Management|
|Diploma/Degree in Accounting Sciences||Finance|
How can I apply?
All the interested candidates must submit the application via email at:
Any application submitted manually will be rejected. You can check more details about the internship programme the official link here.
All the mentioned documents must be attached with the application form. If there is any document missing or false, the application will be rejected.
- Certified copy of ID documents
- Certified copy of Matric certificate and grade 12 certificate.
- Certified copies of academic records and transcripts.
- Curriculum Vitae.
The following conditions must be taken care of by the candidate:
- The candidate should be available for interviews and assessments at the decided date and time by SANParks.
- The candidate should get the qualifications assessed by South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- SANParks is not obliged to make an appointment if you have applied for the programme.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All the shortlisted applications for appointment are to be verified and prescreened.
The application process is currently open and will be closed by 13 April 2022.
If the candidate has not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date, they should consider the application unsuccessful.
All the candidates must submit the application before the deadline as no late submissions will be accepted.
For any query, please contact through telephone:
Name of contact person: Ms Gugulethu Khuzwayo
Tel: 012 426 5041