About Standard Bank
The Standard Bank of South Africa is located in Johannesburg, South Africa. It was founded in 1982 on October 15 in London, the United Kingdom as an African Subsidiary of the Standard Bank. They work to achieve environmental sustainability and create job opportunities for the Africans to help them grow. Keeping in mind the scarcity of energy in Africa they formulate strategies that align with the mission without compromising stability.
Standard Bank Internship Program 2022
This internship is a means to provide an opportunity for young people to gain experience in working professionally. It promotes the involvement of young, innovative minds in real-time projects to develop their minds and help them grow in their careers.
The internship offers the following benefits:
- The interns get a fixed monthly stipend under The National Minimum Wage Act 9 of 2018. The amount of the stipend varies according to the difficulty and cost of the programme. It is to help the intern with the travel costs.
- The intern is provided with a wide variety of options they can choose the best leading internship from them.
- Employment for a fixed interval of time, varying between 12, 18 or 24 months.
- There will also be rewards and other benefits based on the performance of the candidate.
- Guidance from staff with varied expertise.
- Certificates for the developed skills during the programme.
- Workplace experiences that are useful and practical.
The following 12-24 months programmes are available:
- Universal/Prestige/Enterprise Banker
- Behavioural Economics programme (12-months)
- Standard Trusts Tax Internship (24-months programme)
- Legal Internship (24-months programme)
Who can apply?
All the mentioned eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the interested candidates without any exceptions.
- The candidate must hold South African citizenship.
- The candidate must not be older than 30 years old and younger than 18 years old.
- The candidate must not be registered or currently working for any other internship.
- The candidate must have a minimum score of 60% in the matriculation.
- The candidate must have an average score of 60% in tertiary qualification. The requirement will depend on the programme chosen.
- The candidate must have a tertiary qualification in any of the following:
- Social science
- There is no obligation that the intern will get permanently employed. They have to follow the recruitment process and it will depend on the opportunities available.
- Work experience requirements vary with the chosen programme. Candidates with work experience will be preferred.
- The candidate must be familiar with working on the computer.
- The candidate must have good English Language skills.
- The candidate must be able to work individually as well as a part of a team.
- The candidate must be able to take lead when needed to.
- The qualification specifics vary with the programme chosen as follows:
- For Universal/Prestige/Enterprise Banker: The candidate must have a 3-year finance-related qualification. Following intake will be in 2022.
- For Behavioural Economics: The candidate must have a Master’s or Honours in Industrial Psychology, Economics, Neuroscience, Psychology or Cognitive Science. Following intake will be in 2022.
- For Standard Trusts Tax Internship: The candidate must have BCom Honours with specialisation in tax. Following intake will be in 2023.
- For Legal Internship: The candidate must have the following
- Graduate degree in LLB/LLM.
- Work Experience: The candidate must be or about to become an attorney and must have served their articles recently. They must a,so be able to illustrate expertise in Banking & Financial Services, General corporate/Restructuring & liquidations, litigation and technology.
- Following intake will be in 2023.
How can I apply?
The application needs to be submitted online through the official website of Standard bank. It is available on the graduate page. Click here to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will go through a telephone interview and screening along with an assessment. Only the candidates who are nominated will be contacted.
All the mentioned documents must be attached with the application form to avoid disqualification.
- Certified copy of ID documents.
- Certified copy of matriculation certificate.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and records.
- Curriculum vitae.
The applications will be closed on 30 June 2022. All the candidates must complete the application process before the deadline.
If the interested candidates have any queries, they can contact through the following means.
Email at: Graduates@standardbank.co.za.